A Knight is sworn to Valor
His Heart knows only Virtue
His Blade defends the Helpless
His Might upholds the Weak
His Words speaks only Truth
His Wrath undoes the Wicked
-The Old Code
"Don't mistake my kindness for weakness. I am kind to everyone, but when someone is unkind to me, weak is not what you are going to remember about me." - Al Capone
"The world is getting weirder. Darker every single day. Things are spinning around faster and faster, and threatening to go completely awry. Falcons and falconers. The center cannot hold. But in my corner of the country, I'm trying to nail things down. I don't want to live in Victor's jungle, even if it did eventually devour him. I don't want to live in a world where the strong rule and the weak cower. I'd rather make a place where things are a little quieter. Where trolls stay the hell under their bridges and where elves don't come swooping out to snatch children from their cradles. Where vampires respect the limits, and where the faeries mind their p's and q's. My name is Harry Blackstone Copperfield Dresden. Conjure by it at your own risk. When things get strange, when what goes bump in the night flicks on the lights, when no one else can help you, give me a call. I'm in the book." -Harry, Storm Front by Jim Butcher
"Magic comes from the heart, from your feelings, your deepest expressions of desire. That's why black magic is so easy—it comes from lust, from fear and anger, from things that are easy to feed and make grow. The sort I do is harder. It comes from something deeper than that, a truer and purer source—harder to tap, harder to keep, but ultimately more elegant, more powerful. My magic. That was at the heart of me. It was a manifestation of what I believed, what I lived. It came from my desire to see to it that someone stood between the darkness and the people it would devour. It came from my love of a good steak, from the way I would sometimes cry at a good movie or a moving symphony. From my life. From the hope that I could make things better for someone else, if not always for me. Somewhere, in all of that, I touched on something that wasn't tapped out, in spite of how horrible the past days had been, something that hadn't gone cold and numb inside of me. I grasped it, held it in my hand like a firefly, and willed its energy out, into the circle I had created with the spinning amulet on the end of its chain." - Harry Dresden, Fool Moon by Jim Butcher
"But there were some things I believed in. Some things I had faith in. And faith isn't about perfect attendance to services, or how much money you put on the little plate. It isn't about going skyclad to the Holy Rites, or meditating each day upon the divine.
Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others - even when there's not going to be anyone telling you what a hero you are."
― Jim Butcher, Changes
[ edit ]
|♦ Kindred "So far I've noticed some good ones and some bad ones just the down swings tend to be further down than regular folk."
♦ Garou "Primal and Wild, though my sample size ain't over large."
♦ Wraith "I only met two so far, they seem awful sad."
♦ Mage "Like regular folk turned up to 15/10."
♦ Mortal "We come from them, to help them out is why we are at all."
♦ Changeling "Ain't met one and known it, though wouldn't it be nice if they were real too."
♦ Rebel "Finally met one. Don't see what the big deal is actually, he seems alright."
[ edit ]
- Gwydion has Fame 2 as a local musician. He's very ecclectic in what he'll play and what he'll play it on. When he's called for something from a different era or songs in other languages he rarely disappoints.
- Gwydion grins and waves with his hand like he's looking at it up on a sign "Green Knight Consultin: We solve problems you can't. I like the story of Gawain and the Green Knight and the quest for an honorable solution to an impossible problem. An consultin firm rather than just an investigation one will be able to take more of a range of jobs. Likely to make more money I think. I've met a lot of interestin folk in Prospect, with a whole host of specialized skills and intrests. The way I see my firm workin in alot of cases is matchin customers with the right specialist for whatever problem it is they bring to us." http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Aww612jYPYg
- Gwydion makes friends easily, he has someone that'll talk to him in almost every walk of life. He got out of the life and went (for the most part) legit. He still remembers what it was like though and if you really want out he'll pay it forward by helping you.
- Gwydion has a reputation amongst members of the traditions for being a guy you can go to when you need to someone to arbitrate a disagreement that's running into trouble because of paradigm differences.
- Gwydion generally knows what's what and not a whole lot shocks him any more. He more cares about what someone -does- than what they -are-.
- No offense intended, but if you consider yourself a 'Grey' or 'Black' Hat character that thinks reasonable consequences from another PC for your schemes and shenanigans mean I'm not playing the World of Darkness properly then I'm probably not super interested in RPing with you. I don't care if you think I'm a wet blanket but I am going to play my character that's just as in genre as yours, just a different part of genre than yours. Remember the IC rules of the Veil and the masqurade exist for a reason and on a game where all plots are player driven most of those reasons are going to be other PCs.
[ edit ]
|Name: Gwydion Angus McBryde
Rank: Consultant / Private Investigator
Date of Birth: December 31st, 1994, 11:59pm
Tradition: Orphan turned Verbena
Chantry: House of Many Doors
Apparent Age: on the young side of his eighteen years
Height: 5' 7"
Weight: 145 lbs
Hair: Dark reddish brown
Eyes: Emerald green
Theme Song: Bon Jovi - It's My Life
[ edit ]
|Dexterity 5, Appearance 3, Perception 5
Awareness 5, Streetwise 5, Performance 5, Investigation 5, Linguistics 5 (Arabic, Aramaic, ASL, Cantonese, Egyptian (Ancient), Enochian, Farsi, French, Gaelic, German, Greek (Ancient), Hebrew, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Latin, Mandarin, Russian, Sanskrit, Spanish, Vulcan), Lore Changeling, Lore Demon, Lore Fera, Lore Garou, Lore Mage, Lore Sorcerer-Psychic, Lore Spirit, Lore Vampire, Lore Wraith
Avatar 5 (Primal marks, cop/law enforcement)
Past lives 5 (Maybe we've met)
[ edit ]