The following terms presented are what are in use in the Camarilla on City of Hope. Most of this follows what is listed in the Vampire: The Masquerade Revised Corebook, but some are adapted through the RP on game since it began in 2012.
- Inner Circle - The organizing council of the Camarilla. Practically nothing is known about the Inner Circle, which takes pains to keep the identity of its members hidden.
- Justicar - The most powerful visible component of the Camarilla's government, charged with adjudicating matters of the Traditions on a wide scale and acting as the eyes, ears, and hands of the Inner Circle. There is one justicar for each clan of the Camarilla, and each is served by several handpicked archons who act as their spies, enforcers, and representatives around the world.
- Archon - A recognized agent of one of the Justicars of the Camarilla. If the Justicars are the hands of the Inner Circle, the Archons are its fingers.
- Imperial Prince or Imperator - A vampire who has claimed a given expanse of Domain as his/her own, particularly a city, and supports that claim against all others.
- Duke or Duchess - Kindred who assumes the night-to-night responsibilities for one of the fiefs within the Imperator's Domain. Serves as a Seneschal as an advisor to the Imperator.
- Keeper of Elysium - Kindred who assumes the stewardship of the Elysium within a fief.
- Court Harpy - Kindred chosen from amongst the Harpies to lead them. Harpies have two responsibilities. First is to make public every scandal and success, thus recognizing Kindred for their behavior. Second is the recording of boons and thus keeping absolutely detailed records.
- Assistant Harpy - Kindred chosen to be a part of the Harpy Corp, to assist the Court Harpy.
- Primogen - Leaders in a city or ruling council of Elders; they serve as the representatives of their respective clans, at least in theory, and who support the Prince and advise him.
- Sheriff - Kindred who is appointed by the Prince to enforce the will of the Court and the Traditions.
- Deputy - Kindred appointed by the Sheriff to gather intelligence and assist in enforcing the Traditions.
- Scourge - Kindred who is appointed by the Prince responsible for those illegally Embraced. Leader of the coterie named the ‘’’Hounds of the Hunt’’’ - charged with bringing in mortals that have a unique taste. Patrol the City and look for intruders, especially Sabbat, Anarchs and other supernaturals.
- Alastor - A Kindred agent of the Camarilla who has been charged with hunting down the Anathema: dangerous vampires who have been added to the Camarilla's Red List and targeted for destruction by the entire sect.
- Amaranth (archaic) - the act of consuming another Kindred’s blood.
- Barrens - City areas unfit for life, including graveyards, abandoned buildings, industrial wastelands and areas of irreversible urban blight
- Beast, The - Drives and urges prompting a vampire to become monster
- Blood - A vampire’s heritage; that which makes a vampire a vampire. ‘’Usage: “I doubt her claims to such esteemed Blood.”’’
- Blood Bond - Kindred or mortal who is a servant to a Kindred as a result of the Blood Oath
- Blood Doll - A mortal who freely gives her blood to a vampire.
- Blood Oath - Potent bond between vampires, involves the receiving of blood from one kindred to another in acknowledgment of mastery
- Book of Nod - Sacred book of the Kindred, traces the origins and early history of vampires
- Cainite - A vampire; a member of the race of Caine. Typically used by the Sabbat.
- Caitiff - Vampire with no clan, typically of higher generation as the blood is too diluted to manifest in a clan.
- Clan - A group of vampires who share common characteristics passed on by the Blood. There are 13 known clans, all of which were reputedly founded by members of the Third Generation.
- Diablerie - Cannibalistic behavior among Kindred, involves consuming the blood of another vampire to the point of the victim’s Final Death. Can result in lowering generation if the Vampire is of higher generation than the victim. Usually results in black streaks in their aura.
- Domain - Big “D” - An area of a particular vampire's influence. Princes can claim entire cities as their domains, sometimes allowing lesser vampires to claim domains within.
- domain or Territory - Little “d” - An area of a particular vampire’s influence, granted by the will of the Imperial Prince, within one of the three fiefs of Greater Prospect.
- Domitor - A ghoul’s master, one who feeds her blood and issues her commands.
- Elysium - A place where vampires may gather and discourse without fear of harm. Elysium is commonly established in opera houses, theaters, museums, and other locations of culture. It is designated Elysium by the Imperial Prince.
- Embrace - The act of transforming a mortal into a vampire by draining his blood and replacing it with a bit of the vampire’s. Part of the Third Tradition.
- Generation - Number of steps between a vampire and the mythical Caine; how far descended from the First Vampire a given vampire is.
- Gehenna - The impending Armageddon when the Antediluvians will awaken and devour all vampires
- Ghoul - A Mortal fed the blood of a Kindred without being Embraced
- Golconda - A fabled state of vampiric transcendence; the true mastery of the Beast and balance of opposing urges and principles. Rumored to be like the mortal Nirvana, it is greatly touted but rarely achieved.
- Haven - Home or resting place of the vampire
- Hunger, The - The urge to feed, as with any living creature. For vampires, however, the Hunger replaces all other drives with it's own powerful call
- Hunter - A mortal who searches out and destroys vampires.
- Jyhad - Secret war waged between 3rd Generation vampires, using younger Kindred as pawns
- Kindred - The race of vampires as a whole, or a single vampire.
- Kine - Contemptuous term for mortals
- Kiss, The - To drink blood, especially from a mortal. The kiss causes feelings of ecstasy in those who receive it
- Leech - Human who drinks a Kindred's blood, yet retains free will
- Lextalionis - The code of the Kindred and the system for punishing transgression; the law of retaliation which is behind the blood hunt. It suggests Hammurabian or Biblical justice — an eye for an eye and punishment in keeping with the grievance.
- Lick - A Vampire (vulgar)
- Lupine - A Werewolf, Kindred's mortal enemy
- Masquerade, The - Effort begun to hide Kindred society from the mortal world. The First Tradition.
- Osiris - A vampire who builds a mortal cult around himself, in the interest of gaining substance. Becoming more common
- Praxis - The right of a prince to govern; the Prince’s claim to domain. This term also refers to the Prince’s matters of policy and individual edicts and motions.
- Progeny - All the vampires sired under one Kindred
- Rack, The - A typical Rack features nightclubs or some other loud, crowded area active well into the night, providing not only a wealth of potential vessels but cover for the act of feeding. Designation and permission for feeding granted by the Imperial Prince only.
- Regnant - A Kindred who holds a blood bond over another
- Retainer - Human who serves a vampire, generally either ghouls or Dominated to stay under the master's control
- Rogue - Kindred who feeds on other Kindred; one who practices diablerie
- Shovelhead - A vampire who has undergone a particular form of Mass Embrace employed by the Sabbat.
- Sire - Creator of a vampire
- Ancilla - An "adolescent" vampire, neither Elder nor Neonate
- Antediluvian - A 3rd Generation Kindred
- Childe - Derogatory; term for a young and inexperienced Kindred
- Elder - Vampire 300 years or older
- Fledglings - A new vampire, still under it's sire's protection
- Methuselah - A vampire who has existed for a millennium or more; an elder who no longer exists among the greater whole of Kindred society. Rumored to hail from the 4th and 5th Generations.
- Neonate - Young, newly created vampire
- Thin-Blood - A vampire of the 14th or 15th generation (and possibly above) who does not experience the curse of Caine in the same way as other Kindred.
- Anarch - Vampires that resent the privileged status held by elders within the Camarilla and other vampire sects. Most of the Anarchs respect and uphold the Masquerade and some of the other Traditions, even if they do not respect the vampires who enforce them or the system that benefits from them. When they organize, they become part of the Anarch Movement.
- Autarkis - A vampire who remains outside the larger Kindred society of a given city, either by ignorance or choice.
- Black Hand - A secret society within the Sabbat, specially selected and trained for military actions. Mainly made up of Assamite Antitribu.
- Camarilla - Sect of vampires devoted primarily to maintaining the Traditions, particularly that of the Masquerade. Also known as the Ivory Tower.
- Inconnu - Sect of Kindred who removed themselves from mortal and Kindred affairs
- Independent - Major vampiric clans that claim descent from Caine, but no allegiance to any of the Cainite sects. Composed of Assamites, Gangrel, Giovanni, Followers of Set, and Ravnos.
- Sabbat - Sect of vampires that rejects humanity, embracing their monstrous natures. They are bestial and violent.